Evidence of Editing
EVIDENCE OF EDITING
CHANGING SPEED
Here, I changed the speed of an audio used within my short film. It was used to slow down the chase music and make it seem less techno, and more horror. This was done to maximise the effects of it on the atmosphere and onto the audience.
--CONTINUITY
These two screenshots highlight the use of continuity in my short film. As you can see, the first screenshot includes the actor putting on his coat, whereas in the shot after, he is walking down a pathway with the coat on. This portrays to the audience that he has already left the building, and is on his path to somewhere new. Putting on a coat is commonly known for a time when you are about to leave, so I used it here to show continuity.
--CREATING PACE
Just like the evidence of transitions, these screenshots show the pacing in the character walking, illuminating the fact that time is going quickly.
--FILTERS
This screenshot shows the effects I made to the shots in my short film, which illustrates the change in tint of the shots, making it appear more lifeless and dim; adding to the horror atmosphere.
--SOUND EFFECTS
This screenshot shows the use of sound effects used within my short film. As shown, there is a cut-off in between two clips, which is filled in with a sound effect of a car braking harshly, illuminating to the reader that the car has skidded and potentially hit the character.
--SOUND
This screenshot shows the alterations I made to some of the sounds I used in my short film, I did this so I could generate a much greater sound for the situation at hand.
--TRANSITIONS
This evidence shows the transition I made in between two clips to shorten the timescale of the occurring events, allowing for a swift establishment of what is happening.
--.png)
%20%5B1%5D.png)
%20%5B2%5D.png)
%20%5B1%5D.png)
%20%5B2%5D.png)
.png)
.png)
.png)
%20%5B1%5D.png)
%20%5B2%5D.png)
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment